Objective: Empower women to overcome breastfeeding difficulties.
Support, Education & Resources
- Develop support groups (Breastfeeding Clubs) for African American and all breastfeeding mothers.
- Expand availability of breastfeeding aids for breastfeeding mothers (creams, breast pumps, etc.)
- Acknowledge those breastfeeding in public in the "Your're Busted" program.
- Educate and acknowledge employers regarding the health benefits of breastfeeding.
- Highlight, support and promote Michigan Breastfeeding Awareness Month activities in August.
- Big Latch On
- Breastfeeding educational booth at the Calhoun County Fair
Strengthen the Breastfeeding Coalition of Calhoun County
- Expand breastfeeding coalition membership and increase sustainability.